International Conference/International Exchange
International Conference/International Exchange
Visitors from Abroad to NWEC
Date：March 18, 2009
On Wednesday, March 18, 2009, Professor Donna Eileen Stewart , Canadian Female researcher visits to National Women’s Education Center (NWEC)
Professor Donna Eileen Stewart , Canadian Female researcher visitsProfessor Donna Eileen Stewart of the University of Toronto, Canada visited NWEC with Associate Professor Misako Kato of Ochanomizu University on Wednesday, March 18, 2009. Presenting a lecture entitled “Gender Inequities in the Global Village,” NWEC staff listened intently as Professor Stewart described the current situation surrounding women and future issues, and various governments’ measures and proposals for resolving these issues.
On Thursday, March 5, 2009, Dr. Christine Keyser , French Female researcher visits to National Women’s Education Center (NWEC)
Dr. Christine Keyser , French Female researcher visitsDr. Christine Keyser, an Associate Professor in the Faculty of Life Sciences at University Louis Pasteur, Strasbourg visited NWEC on Thursday, March 5, 2009 with staff from Ochanomizu University. After paying a courtesy visit to President Kanda, Dr. Keyser presented a lecture entitled “Women in Science in France” to NWEC staff. In her lecture, Dr. Keyser introduced various statistics in the course of describing circumstances surrounding female researchers in scientific fields in France and related government measures, and a lively question and answer session ensued.
On Sunday, March 1, 2009, President of Yanbian University Graduate School visits to National Women’s Education Center (NWEC)
President of Yanbian University Graduate School visitsDr. Cai Meihua, President of Yanbian University Graduate School, and Dr. Jin Huashan, Director of its Center of Women’s Studies visited NWEC on Sunday, March 1, 2009. Yanbian University is a public university located in Yanji City, Jilin Province in the People’s Republic of China, with a student body of 16,000. The purpose of this visit was to discuss the possibility of NWEC and Yanbian University building a cooperative relationship, and everyone involved spent March 2 and 3 exchanging information on their respective activities and vigorously sharing opinions on the possibility of future cooperation.
On December 7, 2008,Korean Women’s Development Institute (KWDI) President visits to National Women’s Education Center (NWEC)
President Kanda welcomes KWDI President Kim and researcher Kim
KWDI President Taehyun Kim and KWDI External Cooperation Team Research Fellow Young-Hye Kim visited NWEC on December 7, 2008. NWEC and KWDI have enjoyed close mutual exchange since signing a research exchange and cooperation agreement in 2006. The visit was a courtesy call on Michiko Kanda, NWEC president made by President Taehyun Kim, who took office as KWDI president in June 2008. In an enviable cordial atmosphere the presidents exchanged their views and shared information on issues common to women and families in Japan and Korea, including the need to promote work-life balance and nurture women leaders in communities.
The visitors took a tour of the Women’s Archives Center as they were contemplating the establishment of a similar facility in their country. They were enthusiastic visitors who were actively engaged at all time in discussion, receiving explanation on how Women’s Digital Archive System published on the Internet worked or enjoying the special exhibition: “ Dawn of Higher Education for Japanese Women :Women who met the Challenge”. The visit was much appreciated here as it further deepened collaborative relations between the two institutions.
On December 12, 2007, Ms. Joanna Liddle, a senior lecturer at the Centre for the Study of Women and Gender at Warwick University, visited our Center at the invitation of our president. Ms. Liddle gave us the benefit of her experience and insight on Gender, Social Identity and British Politics at a meeting of our staff. She covered life in the U.K. and the kinds of challenges women encounter in Britain. An energetic exchange followed her lecture with the Center’s staff and volunteers.
On February 15, 2008, Dr. Elisabeth Regnault from the Department of Education Sciences at the University of Louis Pasteur visited the Center with Professor Dr. Kenji Miwa of Ochanomizu University. Following a courtesy call on our president, Dr. Regnault spoke of women’s advances in the fields of Science and technology in France and Finland as well as the governments’ policies. They had a lively discussion comparing the situation and policies on the subject in Japan.
On February 15, Dr. Sarah Perin Otto, professor in the Department of Zoology at the University of British Columbia, visited the Center with Professor Dr. Kimiko Murofushi and an academic affairs assistant, Ms. Tomiko Mori from Ochanomizu University. Dr. Otto gave a lecture to the Center’s staff members on “Striving for Balance: Women in Science in Canada”. The audience was very much inspired by the professor’s talk based on her own experience, and an active Q&A session followed.
On February 27, we welcomed Dr. Seungah Hong and Dr. Ryu Yeon Kyu from the Korean Women’s Development Institute (KWDI), with which the Center has a collaborative arrangement. After paying our president a courtesy call they were invited to inspect the facilities. Dr. Hong had been a panelist at an international forum organized by the Center held last February in Tokyo, but it was her first visit to the Center. We were pleased that she thought the Information Center for Women’s Education and the residence hall wings were well organized. They also met with the staff and had a very productive time discussing together some concrete ideas about a future exchange program between the two institutions.
- International Seminar
- FY2018 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Region
- FY2017 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Region
- FY2016 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Region
- FY2015 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2014 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2013 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2012 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2011 Seminar for Gender Equality Officer and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2010 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2009 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region Final Report
- FY2008 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2007 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2006 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- NWEC Global Seminar
- FY2019 NWEC Global Seminar: Gender and Media
- FY2018 NWEC Global Seminar: Promotion of the Advancement of Women - What Japan can learn from Iceland about Gender Equality?
- FY2017 NWEC Global Seminar: Promotion for Advancement of Women Lessons from Germany
- FY2016 NWEC Global Seminar: Promotion for Advancement of Women –Lessons from Europe
- FY2015 International Symposium: Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- FY2014 International Symposium: Keys to Diversity and Women's Leadership
- FY2013 NWEC International Symposium:Gender Equality for Men
- FY2012 NWEC International Symposium:To Make a Society without Violence against Women a Reality
- FY2011 NWEC International Symposium
- FY2010 International Forum for Women's Empowerment
- FY2009 International Forum for Women's Empowerment
- FY2008 International Forum for Women's Empowerment Final Report3
- FY2008 International Forum for Women's Empowerment Final Report2
- FY2008 International Forum for Women's Empowerment Final Report1
- Cooperation with JICA
- FY2018 Knowledge Co-creation "Program Promotion of Networking among ASEAN Countries on Anti-Trafficking in Persons”
- Issue-specific Training “Seminar on Promotiom of Networking among ASEAN Countries on Anti-Trafficking in Persons”
- Basic Information-Gathering Survey/Workshop Seminar on the Economic Independence for Women in Central America and the Caribbean (El Salvador/Dominican Republic)
- Regional Gender Seminar in Central and South America
- 2015 Issue-specific Training "Seminar on Promotion of Networking among Asian Countries on Anti-Trafficking in Persons"
- Flash Report on "Promoting Women's Education Seminar II"
- Seminar on the Promotion of Education for Girls and Women
- Seminar on the Promotion of Education for Girls and Women II
- International Conference/International Exchange
- Japan Network of Women Engineers and Scientists and The Japan Inter-Society Liaison Association Committee for Promoting Equal Participation of Men and Women in Science and Engineering: 9th Japan Korea China Women Leaders Forum for Science & Technology
- Researcher from the KWDI visits NWEC
- Visit by a delegation from the Socialist Republic of Vietnam Ministry of National Defense
- Briefing on the Reykjavik Index for Leadership
- Women's Archives Center Exhibition "Beate Sirota Gordon and gender equality in Japanese Constitution"
- Visit from the Guangxi Women’s Federation
- Participation in the 63rd Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
- 7th Global Forum on Gender Statistics
- FY2018 International Symposium hosted by Korean Institute for Gender Equality Promotion and Education “Gender Equality at Schools”
- Visit from All-China Women’s Federation（ACWF）
- Participation in the 62nd Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
- The 14th KIGEPE International Symposium “Empowering Women’s Leadership: expanding influence and innovation”
- Participation in the 61st Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
- Visit from the Batis Center for Women
- The 60th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
- The 59th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
- The 58th Commission on the Status of Women
- The 57th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
- International Symposium: Gender Awareness Education for Sustainable Development
- Thirtieth Anniversary Programs
- Attendance at the Ceremony Commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the Korean Women’s Development Institute (KWDI)
- Japanese-Filipino children (JFC)* from the Philippines-based NGO “DAWN” visit the Center
- Visitors from Abroad to NWEC
- Research report on Multicultural Family Support in South Korea
- Workshop on Gender and Education: Life-long Learning for Women’s Empowerment
- Lecture Delivered by a Visiting Researcher
- Connections: Bringing Together the Next Generation of Women Leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Conclusion of Memorandum of Understanding on Exchange and Cooperation with the Ministry of Women's Affairs, Royal Government of Cambodia
- Visit to Japan by the Minister of Women’s Affairs of the Royal Government of Cambodia
- KIGEPE Delegation Visit
- Officials of Ministry of Information and Communications of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam visited NWEC
- The 56th Commission on the Status of Women
- Dr. Barker's visit
- Multidisciplinary Intellectual Exchange for Women Leaders from the United States, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines
- Courtesy visit to University of Hawai`i
- Delegation of Board for the Advancement of Women, Ministry of Finance of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam visited NWEC
- Visit Korean Women's Development Institute (KWDI)
- Report on Participation in the 5th World Social Forum on Migration
- A group led by the Vice President of the Korean Women's Development Institute visited NWEC
- A disaster management specialist from India visits the Center
- Visit to the Korean Institute for Gender Equality Promotion & Education (KIGEPE) and others
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice, Kingdom of Cambodia visited NWEC
- Research conducted in the Republic of the Philippines
- Research on the Comparative Study of the Gender Equality Policy in Southeast Asian Countries in the Kingdom of Cambodia
- Ochanomizu University and A Canadian Women’s Study Researcher visited NWEC
- Aigyung Yang, Research Fellow and Former Director of Strategy Board for Women Friendly Policies of the Korean Women's Development Institute (KWDI) Visits NWEC
- Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam visited NWEC
- Delegation from the Women and Development Center, of the Vietnam Women's Union, Visited NWEC
- The "7th Asia-Pacific Forum on Development and Gender" was held in Seoul, South Korea