Cooperation with JICA
Cooperation with JICA
- Event Report
2015 Issue-specific Training "Seminar on Promotion of Networking among Asian Countries on Anti-Trafficking in Persons"
Date：October 19 to 30, 2015
The National Women's Education Center of Japan held the above titled seminar from October 19 to 30, 2015, as a project commissioned by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA). The seminar was attended by 14 people involved in initiatives to combat trafficking in persons (TIPs) from 7 countries in the ASEAN region - from Thailand, Myanmar and Vietnam, where JICA projects are ongoing - as well as from the Philippines, Cambodia, Malaysia and Laos.
Based on NWEC's research and studies on trafficking in persons, this seminar has been held in Japan since 2009 in cooperation with JICA as an international seminar concerning trafficking in persons. This year the first of the new 3-year Plan covering the ASEAN region.
The seminar focused on initiatives to combat trafficking in persons and initiatives to prevent violence against women in Japan and in the participants' countries. The participants studied the differences and issues of initiatives in each countries, as well as best practices, through lectures by government agencies, visits to public establishments and non-governmental organizations as well as role play and workshops. The 10-day seminar helped understanding of the eradication of trafficking in persons from the perspective of people involved and the protection of victims, and promoted cooperation within the ASEAN region
- Seminar photos
- Presentation on achievements
- Comments by participants
Presentation at the office of the Cabinet Secretariat regarding Japan's Action Plan to Combat Trafficking in Persons.
Lecture by the National Police Agency about their initiatives
Lecture by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare about measures against trafficking in persons and counseling and assistance for women in need (left) Visit to Tokyo Women’s Consultation Center and evening study tour
October 22-23: Gender Equality lecture and workshop at the National Women's Education Center of Japan
President's greetings (left)
Exchange of opinions (right)
our of the Center: At the exhibition lobby in front of the Information Center (left)
Group discussion: Support for adult women and initiatives for girls (right)
Japanese culture: Visit to the tea ceremony room and experiencing a tea ceremony at Hibiki Shoin.
Workshop: Social work skill and drama workshop
Group discussion before the production and performance of "Scene of supporting the persons involved－rescue, protection and rehabilitation into society"
October 26: Lecture by Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (left), lecture and exchange of opinions with JNATIP members (center and right)
October 27: Visit to social welfare corporation Ichiryukai
October 28: Visit to Yorisoi Hot Line and lecture (left), lecture by the Ministry of Justice (right)
3． Presentation on achievements and exchange of opinions (program) October 29
Achievements for the seminar and initiatives in each country were presented to the invited guests from the relevant ministries and agencies, the International Organization for Migration, embassies in Japan, non-governmental organizations and learned individuals.
4. Comments by participants (excerpt)
Participants gained a better understanding of trafficking in persons in Japan and participating countries through the training.
・The seminar was highly beneficial. I would like the understanding and knowledge gained in the seminar, be made available to be shared between stakeholders in each country.
・This theme is extremely effective and important to our work.
・The theme chosen in the seminar is directly useful in everyday situations.
・The content was useful in solving the labor issues between the receiving and sending countries.
・Each subject is relevant to trafficking in persons, and necessary.
We would like to express our gratitude to the relevant ministries and agencies (Cabinet Office, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, National Police Agency), local governments (Tokyo), embassies in Japan, international organizations, non-governmental organizations, individuals, and the network of people who are involved in support activities for their tremendous assistance in providing lectures, exchange of opinions and hosting visits in holding this seminar.
- This training was provided in Japan for three years between 2009 and 2011 as a commissioned project by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) to promote collaboration and cooperation between relevant organizations for the protection of Thai victims of trafficking in persons and support for their independence. ＊Report of training provided in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- For three years from 2012 to 2014, seminars were held to promote cooperation in Asian countries in combating trafficking in persons, as well as training by countries for Myanmar and Vietnam.
- A DVD and reports about trafficking in persons in Thailand and the project are available (in Japanese, English and Thai) for loan at the Information Center.
- For NWEC's research and studies concerning trafficking in persons, please see here.
- International Seminar
- FY2018 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Region
- FY2017 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Region
- FY2016 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Region
- FY2015 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2014 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2013 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2012 Seminar for Gender Equality Officers and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2011 Seminar for Gender Equality Officer and Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2010 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2009 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region Final Report
- FY2008 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2007 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- FY2006 Empowerment Seminar for Women Leaders in the Asia Pacific Region
- NWEC Global Seminar
- FY2018 NWEC Global Seminar: Promotion of the Advancement of Women - What Japan can learn from Iceland about Gender Equality?
- FY2017 NWEC Global Seminar: Promotion for Advancement of Women Lessons from Germany
- FY2016 NWEC Global Seminar: Promotion for Advancement of Women –Lessons from Europe
- FY2015 International Symposium: Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment
- FY2014 International Symposium: Keys to Diversity and Women's Leadership
- FY2013 NWEC International Symposium:Gender Equality for Men
- FY2012 NWEC International Symposium:To Make a Society without Violence against Women a Reality
- FY2011 NWEC International Symposium
- FY2010 International Forum for Women's Empowerment
- FY2009 International Forum for Women's Empowerment
- FY2008 International Forum for Women's Empowerment Final Report3
- FY2008 International Forum for Women's Empowerment Final Report2
- FY2008 International Forum for Women's Empowerment Final Report1
- Cooperation with JICA
- FY2018 Knowledge Co-creation "Program Promotion of Networking among ASEAN Countries on Anti-Trafficking in Persons”
- Issue-specific Training “Seminar on Promotiom of Networking among ASEAN Countries on Anti-Trafficking in Persons”
- Basic Information-Gathering Survey/Workshop Seminar on the Economic Independence for Women in Central America and the Caribbean (El Salvador/Dominican Republic)
- Regional Gender Seminar in Central and South America
- 2015 Issue-specific Training "Seminar on Promotion of Networking among Asian Countries on Anti-Trafficking in Persons"
- Flash Report on "Promoting Women's Education Seminar II"
- Seminar on the Promotion of Education for Girls and Women
- Seminar on the Promotion of Education for Girls and Women II
- International Conference/International Exchange
- Briefing on the Reykjavik Index for Leadership
- Women's Archives Center Exhibition "Beate Sirota Gordon and gender equality in Japanese Constitution"
- Visit from the Guangxi Women’s Federation
- Participation in the 63rd Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
- 7th Global Forum on Gender Statistics
- FY2018 International Symposium hosted by Korean Institute for Gender Equality Promotion and Education “Gender Equality at Schools”
- Visit from All-China Women’s Federation（ACWF）
- Participation in the 62nd Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
- The 14th KIGEPE International Symposium “Empowering Women’s Leadership: expanding influence and innovation”
- Participation in the 61st Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
- Visit from the Batis Center for Women
- 2011 Asia Women Eco-Science Forum (a forum of science and engineering leaders in Japan, China and Korea）
- The 60th Session of the Commission on the Status of Women
- The 59th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
- The 58th Commission on the Status of Women
- The 57th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women
- International Symposium: Gender Awareness Education for Sustainable Development
- Thirtieth Anniversary Programs
- Attendance at the Ceremony Commemorating the 25th Anniversary of the Korean Women’s Development Institute (KWDI)
- Japanese-Filipino children (JFC)* from the Philippines-based NGO “DAWN” visit the Center
- Visitors from Abroad to NWEC
- Research report on Multicultural Family Support in South Korea
- Workshop on Gender and Education: Life-long Learning for Women’s Empowerment
- Lecture Delivered by a Visiting Researcher
- Connections: Bringing Together the Next Generation of Women Leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Conclusion of Memorandum of Understanding on Exchange and Cooperation with the Ministry of Women's Affairs, Royal Government of Cambodia
- Visit to Japan by the Minister of Women’s Affairs of the Royal Government of Cambodia
- KIGEPE Delegation Visit
- Officials of Ministry of Information and Communications of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam visited NWEC
- The 56th Commission on the Status of Women
- Dr. Barker's visit
- Multidisciplinary Intellectual Exchange for Women Leaders from the United States, Japan, South Korea and the Philippines
- Courtesy visit to University of Hawai`i
- Delegation of Board for the Advancement of Women, Ministry of Finance of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam visited NWEC
- Visit Korean Women's Development Institute (KWDI)
- Report on Participation in the 5th World Social Forum on Migration
- A group led by the Vice President of the Korean Women's Development Institute visited NWEC
- A disaster management specialist from India visits the Center
- Visit to the Korean Institute for Gender Equality Promotion & Education (KIGEPE) and others
- Secretary of State, Ministry of Justice, Kingdom of Cambodia visited NWEC
- Research conducted in the Republic of the Philippines
- Research on the Comparative Study of the Gender Equality Policy in Southeast Asian Countries in the Kingdom of Cambodia
- Ochanomizu University and A Canadian Women’s Study Researcher visited NWEC
- Aigyung Yang, Research Fellow and Former Director of Strategy Board for Women Friendly Policies of the Korean Women's Development Institute (KWDI) Visits NWEC
- Delegation of the Ministry of Defense of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam visited NWEC
- Delegation from the Women and Development Center, of the Vietnam Women's Union, Visited NWEC
- The "7th Asia-Pacific Forum on Development and Gender" was held in Seoul, South Korea